A day when I wake up and have time to think and dream and write.
Today I ask: What am I doing with my life? What do I want to be?
These questions I’ve asked myself for most 30 plus years.
I think that right now is good. I think that what I’m doing is what I am suppose to be doing, for the most part.
Is my life what I envisioned for myself? No. But I don’t think many people in their fourth decade are living the life they imagined. If you are, email me. I’d love to talk to you.
As I look back on my goals and the list of things-I-want-to-do list I created in 1992, I see that I’ve reached almost all the goals I created for myself. There are a few things I haven’t done so today I created a new list of “things I want to do before I die”.
Here is my updated list, not in order of importance, with some left over from the original 1992 list and some new ones:
- Be a member of a church
- Log cabin in the woods (this could be just a rental, not necessarily owned)
- Visit Spain
- Visit Italy
- Finish a 50 mile running race
- Finish a 100 mile running race
- Complete a Marathon in every state
- Hike all 4,000 footers in NH
- Hike all 4,000 footers in NE
- Climb all the 14ers in Colorado
- Solo Pentathlon – Steamboat Springs or Tuckerman Inferno (I don’t kayak right now)
- Finish Ironman Florida
I have some things to start working on today.